I found out this week that "Louisville contains more McDonald's outposts per capita (39) than any city in the country, according to a Daily Beast/Newsweek report." I haven't figured out what the '39' means, though. I looked for the original report but couldn't find it. Initially, I was thinking, 'there's no way there is one McDonald's for ever 39 people in the city.' I guess it's probably 39 McDonald's in the city. But, I'm curious to know about how the per capita figure compares to other cities...
All this thinking made me hungry this morning, so I decided to contemplate this and other big questions over a bacon egg McMuffin. I'm not sure how many McDonald's are in Seoul, but that doesn't matter because here we have... McDelivery. That's right, call in and get your breakfast delivered. I hardly ever got McDonald's breakfast when I was in the states because I used to wake up at, say, 10:27 and then realize that I had 3 minutes to get to a McDonald's. But in Seoul, that doesn't matter. Because I can call at 10:27 and place my order and get my breakfast! (And they serve breakfast til 11 here, but anyhow.) As you can see from the picture below, the food is exactly like home. (This should be a little off-putting, since it's a reminder that nothing there is fresh and there's some huge McDonald's factory somewhere, but somehow it's a little comforting, in the same way that going to a Starbucks anywhere in the world gives a sense of at-homeness.) Anyway, it's been a good morning. We should be having some higher quality food as the weekend goes on to give me something more interesting to write about.

I think McMorning's burn is little bit crazy.
ReplyDelete