Thanksgiving in Korea really doesn't feel the same. But that probably could have gone without saying. I still like to do something anyhow. I didn't really have time to plan anything this year. So Jino and I just got some delivery chicken and then threw together a few "side dishes" using stuff we had in the fridge. The resulting menu: barbecue and grilled chicken, garlicky 'stuffing' (bread squares toasted in garlic butter), corn salad (corn, sliced olives, sliced peppers, vinegar, and cumin), fruit salad (apples, pears, persimmons in a mayo sauce), and kimchi. It wasn't the best ever, but it was easy and fun and yummy enough for a Thursday night dinner.
Oh, and yesterday, a delivery man (think UPS) knocked on the door and handed me this:
It's a box of Jeju Island mandarin oranges. They're sooo yummy but I am wondering how/whether we'll be able to eat them all before they go bad. I think Jino's parents sent it.



No comments:
Post a Comment